This has been a great set of goals for me! I’ve had a lot of fun looking up new sequences and concentrating on moving forward with more yoga in my fitness routine. I know you guys are aware that I’m trying very hard to use exercise to lift myself out of my rut. I’m excited to share my progress with you!
- I want to find a new beginner yoga sequence.
- I want to practice a short routine to stretch when I get up in the morning.
- I want to pick an intermediate pose to work on.
- I will practice yoga 2x daily 3 days a week, but at least one time daily. (For a month to consider this goal a success.)
Goal 1: I want to find a new beginner yoga sequence.
I have FLAB. 😦 I want to get rid of this belly crap so I can stop grabbing it and shaking it at Erik when he tells me I’m not fat. (I know I’m not, but that skin needs to figure itself out.)
So I found this one which doesn’t always work great with my weakling arms, but I love some of the stretching I feel. I am notorious for trying to avoid anything that resembles a plank. I chose this one in an effort to start working on it some more. 🙂
2. I want to practice a short routine to stretch when I get up in the morning.
I will admit that I’ve been terrible with yoga since starting our move to South Carolina. I normally love some Sun Salutations first thing in the morning, but I haven’t been very good. However, I still sneak yoga in while I paint so there is definitely a lot of yoga still going on.
3. I want to pick an intermediate pose to work on.
I chose the Standing Split Pose and have been taking photos of myself while working on it. (I make the craziest faces while I yoga-away). I’ve never been able to do a split and my hips so problematic that I could write a short story based off them. Instead, I bust my butt so I can end that trend! The other two poses are great for a challenge too! Check out that original post: Here!
4. I will practice yoga 2x daily 3 days a week, but at least one time daily. (For a month to consider this goal a success.)
This has been less consistent than I’d like. I definitely do a short routine at least once daily, but I’ve had a hard time sneaking in that second set. Erik suggested that I try one to stretch out my hips before going to sleep which has always been a problem area for me. If you know of any great routines for the hips, let me know! 🙂
I hope you guys have been in bright spirits! I’m getting WAY better (I promise) and look forward to keeping you guys motivated, upbeat and feeling loved!